Development & Communications Associate
Posted: November 29, 2017
NCJW NY seeks a full-time Development & Communications Associate to coordinate all communications efforts and assist in all aspects of fundraising, including individual appeals, grants, special events, and database management. The Development & Communications Associate will report to the Director of Development and will also provide key support to the Executive Director and the Director of Outreach & Engagement. This position is an exciting opportunity for a proactive, creative candidate to learn many aspects of non-profit management.
Duties and Responsibilities
Work with Director of Development to:
– Create and execute fundraising appeals, track results, and handle acknowledgement letters.
– Coordinate logistics of fundraising events, including creating mailings, tracking lists and responses, and coordinating on-site preparations at event venue.
– Manage database, including entering all gifts and creating reports for analysis.
– Research potential grant sources, track schedule of proposals and reports, and assist in writing proposals and reports.
– Design and develop day-to-day communications materials for NCJW NY including newsletters, event announcements, email blasts, flyers, posters, and other materials as needed.
– Coordinate all social media and web site updates.
– Work with Director of Outreach & Engagement to devise and implement innovative ways to market and publicize NCJW NY services, campaigns, and events to new audiences.
– Handle routine administrative tasks including filing and correspondence.
– Assist Executive Director in executing occasional research and communications projects, and other special projects as assigned.
· College Degree
· Minimum two years previous office experience in a non-profit setting
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, specifically mail merge functions
· Knowledge of donor database software; DonorPerfect a plus
· Knowledge of design and desktop publishing software a plus, particularly InDesign
· Strong commitment to NCJW’s mission and values
· Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
· Sound judgment and discretion
· Efficient and organized, with great attention to detail
· Ability to work independently or as part of a team
· Comfortable interacting with diverse populations, ranging from high level donors to low-income clients in community center environment
· Ability to multitask is essential, as is a sense of humor
Salary: $40K to $45K, depending on experience.
To apply, please submit resume along with a customized cover letter detailing your qualifications for this specific position, the reason(s) for your interest in the opportunity, and your salary requirements to:
Director of Development
National Council of Jewish Women New York Section
No phone calls, please.